This non-diving program is designed to train competent personnel in the safe handling of oxygen and the preparation of enriched air nitrox for diving use.
Upon completion of this program, the student will have developed a thorough understanding of the physical properties of oxygen; its forms, purities, hazards and the essential skills and knowledge to handle it in a safe and competent manner. You will be able to blend Enriched Air Nitrox according to accepted industry practices. The program includes theory and a practical training session.
Note that the IANTD UK EANx Blender program is a blending-only qualification.
- Must have a need to become a blender (such as working for an EANx facility). If not affiliated with a facility must be a qualified Advanced EANx Diver and located in a remote area
- Must be recommended by an IANTD Instructor or Facility
- To service specific brands of equipment for EANx use, the blender must be a qualified technician with the manufacturer of the equipment being serviced
- IANTD Gas Blender Student Kit
- IANTD-approved mixing station
- Own or have access to an oxygen analyzer
- All equipment used in this program must be compatible with the EANx mixtures being prepared and the method in which the EANx is being blended